Welcome to the
Somerton Community Website
FOR MORE SOMERTON CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION SEE SOMERTON TOWN COUNCIL WEBSITE
Click an event for more details. Events Diary – If you have an event or meeting that you would like to add to the events pages Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details
- Please double check individual events on the Website Diary are still taking place due to the coronaviru
- May 23rd – As the Somerton Music and Arts Festival have had to cancel the Art & Photography Exhibition in the Parish Rooms the Exhibition team have worked hard to put together a Virtual Exhibition on the Somerton Music and Arts Festival website. This will be live for the next two weeks. The link is here. http://www.somertonartsfestival.co.uk/?page_id=4158
- May 17th – Walks Around Somerton pages have been updated
- May 12th – New contact information for Kirkham Street Field Community Trust has been added to the Local Clubs and Organisations page in the Societies and Clubs section.
- May 7th – Societies and Clubs section.has been updated and re-organised
- May 7th – New contact information for Somerton Tennis Club has been added to the Sports page in the Societies and Clubs section.
- May 6th – Update – Kirkham Street Field Community Trust – Sadly we have had to suspend all Events and also our fund-raising for the time being. We look forward to resuming this when restrictions are lifted, as to date we have received 21k from 84 individuals and 13 companies in donations which is so encouraging. Your support is invaluable! The Trust is now pleased to announce the launch of their website! – www.kirkhamstreetfield.org.uk.
- 29th April – New contact information for Somerton Allotments Association has been added to the Local Clubs page in the Societies and Clubs section.
- 4th April – Fully experienced, licensed and insured dog minder happy to help for free to NHS workers or those admitted to hospital. Contact 01458 272501.
- 4th April – It is with great sadness that the Somerton Music & Arts Festival Committee have made the very difficult decision to postpone by one year the 2020 Festival. This is a decision which we have not taken lightly; however, the health and safety of our audience, artists, traders, crew and community is always our first priority. The events that will no longer be taking place this year are: the Art & Photography Exhibition at the end of May, all town events between the 4th and 10th of July and Somerstock on Saturday 11th July. But we will be back, and are already planning for a full Festival in 2021.
- 31st March – Moviola. Ideas about how to watch films at home for free. From this week, we’ll be putting up articles on our noticeboard, with ideas for audiences to access and enjoy free films legally.
Also this from the National Theatre. Every Thursday at 7pm, National Theatre will be releasing one NT Live title (ie a film of a play) on their YouTube channel that can be watched for free, on-demand for seven days only. See https://www.youtube.com/user/ntdiscovertheatre
- 31st March – Bus times are changing on April 6th with a considerably reduced timetable. If people want a copy of the latest, which I would normally put in the library, they can email me at email@example.com
- 30th March – Information just in Post Office Opening Hours. As of this week w/c 30th March Monday to Friday 9.30 to 12.30 and 1.30 to 4.00, Saturday 9.30 to 12.00
- 20th March – Somerton Lifeline – There has been an amazing response of 45 people who have put their names forward to help those in need during the current crisis. If there are any more volunteers, please contact Mo Fletcher firstname.lastname@example.org or 01458 274631“
- 19th March – Wessex Country Market weekly event cancelled until further notice- but some preserves can be collected from producer on 01458253508
- 18th March – Somerton Town Council.
All public meetings will be cancelled and the office will be closed until further notice.
The office staff will be working from home and will be dealing with emails (the preferred method of contact) as normal. The clerk will be visiting the office a couple of times each week to pick up mail and may be contacted by telephone on 07854 813 919 We apologise for any inconvenience in these unprecedented circumstances.
- 18th March – Please look at Somerton MC’s website www.somerton-mc.co.uk or their Facebook page for updates about the club’s meetings. At the moment they will not be running any trials until at least the end of April.
- 18th March – In the interests of the health and wellbeing of the community, as of Thursday 19th March 2020 all public libraries in Somerset will be closed until further notice. During this time customers will be unable to borrow or return any items. No overdue charges or additional hire charges will apply on any items during this time. All reservations have been cancelled and will not be available to collect. Please remember library services are available 24/7 at SomersetReads.co.uk where you can download e-books, audiobooks and magazines. For updates please visit SLS’s website Somerset.gov.uk/libraries or follow us on social media:Twitter: @SomersetLib | Instagram: somersetlibraries Facebook: Somerset-Libraries-UK.
- 18th March – David Osmond 01458 273101 We took over the Courtyard Café about 6 months ago and are just wanting to try to offer our elderly regular customers who are unable to visit currently or anyone else self isolating the opportunity to get their regular hot meal or whatever they choose through our home delivery service that we have decided to start as of today.
- 17th March – With immediate effect the Citizens Advice South Somerset services for clients will only be available by phone, email or whatsapp. Face to face drop-ins and appointments are no longer available.
Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the information on this website is both accurate and up to date, the Somerton Community Website does not accept any liability to any party for loss, or damage incurred by reliance placed on the information contained in this website or through omission or errors how so ever caused.